Save for later
Mail sent Successfully!
This field is required
Email is invalid
Master Software Development Agreement
A Software Development Agreement template that can be used to engage a software developer to develop software, a website or a smartphone app for a single project or multiple projects (each project to be separately described in a SOW)
How this document can help you
Our Software Development Agreement template includes provisions which limit liability and confirm who owns the software that is delivered under the agreement.
What it includes
- An agreement template that can be used to engage a developer to develop a single piece of software, or where a developer is engaged to develop software under a range of different projects each described in a Statement of Work that can be attached to the agreement (in which case the agreement will be generated as a "Master Software Development Agreement").
- Definitions and interpretation provisions.
- An obligation on the client to deliver client logos and other relevant content for the developer to incorporate into the software within a certain period of time.
- A provision which entitles the software developer to deliver the software within up to 30 days after the delivery date set out in the Project Plan.
- A framework for the carrying out of acceptance testing.
- Provisions governing the ownership of the Software. Our system will automatically tailor the clauses in the template depending on whether the developer wishes to retain ownership of all developed software, or if it would be preferable to split the software into "Developer Code" (which the developer will own) and Client Code (which the Client will own).
- Liability, dispute resolution and confidentiality clauses.
How does it work?
Using our powerful document generation engine, Contract Instructor generates and customises legal documents using the responses that clients provide in completing our online wizard.
What you get
A report with the client's responses to the questionnaire together with the document that has been generated using your client's responses to the wizard. The document will be provided in Microsoft Word format for you to review and edit, as you consider necessary.
How much does it cost?
You charge your client whatever you consider appropriate for the legal document but pay us only $29.95 plus GST per document for using our wizard. The time you save using our wizard will makes drafting legal documents using Contract Instructor a complete game changer for your legal practice.
Payment only upon wizard completion
If the wizard is not completed, you don't pay anything. Once you or your client completes the wizard, you will be notified by email and sent a request to pay our fee of $29.95 plus GST. Upon payment you will receive a report with the client's responses to the questionnaire together with the document that has been generated using your client's responses to the wizard.
Frequently asked questions
Can I edit the wizard myself?
Can I edit the generated document?
Check out our other documents in this category