Save for later
Mail sent Successfully!
This field is required
Email is invalid
Heads of Agreement
Our Heads of Agreement template can be used by parties who wish to enter into a preliminary short form agreement in anticipation of negotiating a long form agreement
How this document can help you
While often in a Heads of Agreement the only provisions that are binding are those that obligate the parties to maintain the confidentiality of the other party's confidential information that is disclosed in the course of negotiations, a Heads of Agreement can be helpful to the parties by setting out the framework for the negotiation of the long form agreement by making it clear to the parties when the negotiations will start and finish, whether the parties are negotiating on an exclusive basis or not, and the fact that the negotiations are confidential.
What it includes
- Clauses which require each party to maintain confidentiality of the other party's confidential information that it receives directly or indirectly from the disclosing party;
- Provisions that make it clear that the disclosing party does not assign IP rights in its confidential information to the other party;
- Clauses which confirm which parts of the Heads of Agreement are binding;
- Provisions which specify the End Date for the negotiations of the long form agreement;
- Provisions which clarify whether the parties are negotiating exclusively or not.
How does it work?
Using our powerful document generation engine, Contract Instructor generates and customises legal documents using the responses that clients provide in completing our online wizard.
What you get
A report with the client's responses to the questionnaire together with the document that has been generated using your client's responses to the wizard. The document will be provided in Microsoft Word format for you to review and edit, as you consider necessary.
How much does it cost?
You charge your client whatever you consider appropriate for the legal document but pay us only $29.95 plus GST per document for using our wizard. The time you save using our wizard will makes drafting legal documents using Contract Instructor a complete game changer for your legal practice.
Payment only upon wizard completion
If the wizard is not completed, you don't pay anything. Once you or your client completes the wizard, you will be notified by email and sent a request to pay our fee of $29.95 plus GST. Upon payment you will receive a report with the client's responses to the questionnaire together with the document that has been generated using your client's responses to the wizard.
Frequently asked questions
Can I edit the wizard myself?
Can I edit the generated document?
Check out our other documents in this category